Apply to Be on a Board, Council, or Committee
Joining a Board, Council, or Committee
The following is a list of Cherokee County Boards/Councils/Committees. Vacancies and/or expirations will be posted here, when applicable. If you are interested in serving on any of these boards/committees/councils, download the application for county boards, committees, and councils (PDF).
You can send completed applications via email or to:
Clerk to the Board
75 Peachtree Street
Murphy, N.C. 28906
You must be a Cherokee County resident to apply. If you have questions concerning any of these boards/councils/committees, please call 828-837-5527, ext. 814.
The Cherokee County Board of Commissioners is now accepting applications from persons interested in serving on the following volunteer boards:
Pursuant to §9-1; the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners is seeking letters of interest from persons interested in serving on the Cherokee County Jury Commission. Interested persons must be a resident of Cherokee County, and a registered voter of Cherokee County. The Commission term will be for two years. Appointee’s term will begin on July 1,2019.
Cherokee County Board of Health
The Cherokee County Board of Commissioners is now accepting applications from persons interested in serving on the Cherokee County Board of Health for the following professions:Optometrist, Dentist and Professional Engineer.
Cherokee County Board of Equalization and Review
The Cherokee County Board of Commissioners is seeking letters of interests from persons interested in volunteering to serve on the Cherokee County Board of Equalization and Review. The prospective Cherokee County Board of Equalization and Review Member should possess the following skills, knowledge, and attributes:
- Understanding of current real estate and market values in our county
- Knowledge of current building costs in our area
- Have the ability to deal with all individuals under adverse conditions (people skills)
- Be of sound moral character
- Must be a county resident and own property in Cherokee County
- Not be influenced by personal or political friendships (impartiality)
- Be current on all Cherokee County Taxes
Board members will make knowledgeable, fair property value decisions based on evidence presented and current Cherokee County market values.
Cherokee County Tourism Development Authority
The Cherokee County Board of Commissioners is seeking applicants for volunteer positions on the Cherokee County Tourism Development Authority. Applicants must be affiliated with a business that collects Cherokee County occupancy tax, or are currently active in promoting travel and tourism in Cherokee County; and, must provide proof of county residency.
Persons interested in serving on any of these boards should submit a board application to: Cherokee County Clerk to the Board, 75 Peachtree Street, Murphy, NC 28906. Applicants must provide proof of county residency with application. Applications may also be obtained at the address above; or, via e-mail at email@example.com. Positions are open until filled.
Cherokee County Boards, Councils and Committees
- 2018-2019 Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Board of Equalization and Review
- Cherokee County Appointees to the Nantahala Regional Library Board of Trustees
- Cherokee County Area Agency on Aging
- Cherokee County Board of Health
- Cherokee County Child Fatality Protection Team and Community Child Protection Team Composition