Pursuant to G.S. 160A-270
G.S. 160A-270 authorizes the Board of Commissioners to sell real property at public auction, including electronic public auction, upon adoption of a resolution authorizing the appropriate official to dispose of the property at public auction subject to Board’s acceptance of the highest bid.
1. The property described on Exhibit A is to be deemed surplus property.
2. The County Manager or his designee, (Purchasing Officer) is authorized by a resolution of the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners adopted on September 20, 2018, to sell the property listed below by electronic auction at www.govdeals.com.
3. The reserve price for the property will be $3,578.39. All property will be sold “As Is, Where Is” and subject to any easements, rights of way, or encumbrances of record.
4. A bid deposit is not required. Payment in full must be made electronically through the Gov Deals website. Upon final approval by the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners, property will be transferred to successful buyer within 30 days by a North Carolina Special Warranty Deed. Buyer will be required to pay excise tax and deed recording fees.
5. The County Manager or his designee (Purchasing Officer) is directed to have published a notice of the sale at least once and not less than 30 days before the date on which bidding opens. This notice contains a general description of the land sufficient to identify it, a property map, and a tax record card. Notice begins January 17, 2019. 6. Bidding will open at 8:30 AM on February 18, 2019, and will close at 7:00 PM on March 18, 2019.